Personal information has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the incorporated Australian Privacy Principles.
Sensitive information has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act.
We collect personal information only where it is reasonable and necessary to deliver the AHCWA website, and to conduct the activities of AHCWA.
(a) We may collect the following types of information, which may include personal information:
- personal details such as your full name, position, organisation name, address, email, mobile and telephone number, and date of birth;
- history records of your communications and interaction with us and the AHCWA website, including member logins, what documents have been accessed and/or downloaded and when it was downloaded;
- membership information about or with AHCWA members;
- information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your contact with us or your use of the AHCWA website;
- details or history of preferences, interests and behaviour in relation to communications, interactions, services and activities on the AHCWA website;
- all WP Statistics related data, including number of sessions, session duration, your IP address, web log and related domain, browser, computer and connection information, device ID, device type, geo-location information;
- statistics on your page views of the AHCWA website and the sites you were visiting before you came to the AHCWA website, traffic to and from and within the AHCWA website, and ad data.
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including:
- directly from you, including when you:
- browse or interact with, or login to, the AHCWA website or third-party content or hyperlinks on the AHCWA website;
- register an account or log into the AHCWA Website;
- contact us or request information from us;
- complete forms, surveys, questionnaires or other marketing or promotional activities for us;
- in email, electronic, postal, mobile application or social media correspondence;
- in telephone conversations;
- in meetings whether face to face, groups or online meetings e.g. Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams;
- through using one of the programs or services operated by AHCWA e.g. Mappa, AMSED; or
- mobile applications, products, services, content or advertising;
2. from third parties (who are entitled to disclose that information to us, such a sour members and related service providers); and
3. from publicly available sources of information.
- record your interactions with the AHCWA website, including what pages you access and how long you stay on the site;
- improve our performance by reporting any errors that occur;
- provide statistics about how the AHCWA website is used;
- remember settings that you use for the AHCWA website;
- identify and show that you are logged into the AHCWA website;
- linking to your social networks, like Facebook and Twitter;
- show certain AHCWA features / functionality relevant to you;
- provide more suitable ads tailored to
We may partner with third parties to manage our advertising on the AHCWA website and other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as Cookies to gather information about your activities on the AHCWA website to provide you advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
We use personal information to deliver products, services and resources and to otherwise conduct the functions and activities of AHCWA. The main purposes for which we handle personal information include:
- to maintain contact with you and/or keep you informed of our products, services, resources, projects, activities, AHCWA members and progress and developments in the health sector;
- to communicate with you, including about the AHCWA website, our products, services and resources and those of our members and related service providers, and information which might interest you;
- to answer your requests, questions and complaints, and provide you with information;
- to enable your access, interaction and use of, the AHCWA website and to our members;
- to gain an understanding of your information to develop, operate or improve the AHCWA website or our products, services and resources, and those of our members;
- to improve your experience and interaction with us, our members or the AHCWA website, including performing analytics, conducting research and for marketing and advertising;
- to provide you with better customer service;
- to maintain information for or concerning our members and member registers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, development, quality control and research to improve the way the AHCWA website, we, our members and our related service providers provide products, services and resources to you;
- to administer forms, surveys, questionnaires, and promote and market our and our members’ products, services and resources, or other promotional information, activities or events;
- to comply with laws and regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about the AHCWA website, or our or our members’ products, services and resources. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act. You may elect not to receive marketing information from AHCWA by contacting us using the details set out at Section 13 below, or if applicable, via the opt out mechanism described at the bottom of the relevant marketing information.
We do not routinely disclose personal information to third parties, but may disclose your personal information where:
- you have given your consent to the disclosure;
- the disclosure is directly related to the primary purpose of collection, for example, it is necessary to provide you with a product, service or resource which you have requested or for a project, function or activity of AHCWA for which you are involved, or in relation to an AHCWA member or service provider;
- the use or disclosure is for secondary purposes that you would reasonably expect and is related (or in the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the primary purpose of collection;
- it is necessary for maintenance of or is related to your membership with us or our members;
- it will assist us in providing products, services or resources you have requested;
- we wish to conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis;
- it is necessary to manage or develop the AHCWA website;
- it is a requirement of our members or related service providers to provide their products, services or resources to us or to you, in which case only basic personal information will be shared to the extent necessary;
- the use or disclosure is or otherwise required or permitted by laws, regulations or professional standards.
AHCWA may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research, funding, sponsorship, tender or promotional purposes, or for purposes relating to our members.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia, including to WordPress and Automattic Inc., located in the United States of America. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect personal information, whether held electronically or in hard-copy form, from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes via AHCWA’s ICT Management, Support and Security Policy (Doc 090), Data Back-up Framework (Doc 690) and Disaster Recovery Plan (Doc 1199).
We will endeavour to take all steps (if any) that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up to date and complete for the purpose for which it is collected, but make no warranties about the accuracy of personal information.
You may request access to the personal information AHCWA holds about you. We will provide access to this information where reasonable and practicable to do so, and in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. You may request correction to the personal information we hold about you.
Your provision of personal information to AHCWA is optional, and you are entitled to remain anonymous or provide a pseudonym. However, because of the nature of AHCWA’s activities, it is generally impractical for us to deal with you on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym, other than in certain circumstances (eg., when you are providing feedback).
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us by using the details set out in the ‘Contact us’ section below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will ensure that complaints regarding alleged breaches of privacy are investigated swiftly.
If you would like further information about privacy and the protection of your personal information, or if you feel we have not resolved your complaint satisfactorily, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
For further information, please contact us via the AHCWA website or contact:
Executive Manager – Corporate Services
Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia
PO Box 8493
Perth WA 6849
(08) 9227 1631
Document 1392. Version 1