The Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia in conjunction with the team at ATSI ICT Aboriginal Corporation have developed a Governance Skillset Training session to assist your Board of Directors, Members and management with an introduction to the roles and responsibilities of a Director. This training is suitable for any Aboriginal organisation, whether you are incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001, the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 or the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Governance Skillset Training
The training will be delivered over two days via Microsoft Teams or Face to Face.
- Attendance and participation in group discussions and activities
- Pod casts
- Completion of activity workbooks.
The training consists of seven modules covering:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Compliance and legal responsibilities
- Meeting responsibilities
- Financial terms and responsibilities
- Insolvency and funding grants, and
- Accountants, auditors, and policies and procedures.