HLTAHW035 – Provide information and support around cancer
A nationally accredited cancer education program for Aboriginal health professionals
AHCWA is working in partnership with Cancer Council WA to deliver a five-day Cancer Education course that aims to:
- Increase participant knowledge about cancer, treatments, prevention and early detection and the impact of disease to improve the care of people with cancer.
- Improve participant skills to provide support to clients with cancer and promote prevention and early detection messages in the community.
- Facilitate networks between Aboriginal Health Professionals and cancer support Services based in the area
What you will expect:
Subject experts, from the national screening programs, such as the Cervical Cancer Screening Program, Breast Screen WA and the National Bowel cancer Screening Program. Various Guest Speakers from Tackling Indigenous Smoking, Palliative Care, Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet and Cancer Council WA, to name a few.
Including Site visits
- Perth – Crawford Lodge tour, SCGH Cancer Centre, Medical Oncology, Radiation Department, Haematology and WA Youth Cancer Services
- Kimberley (Broome) – Tele chemotherapy Broome Hospital, Blue House, BASSA tour and Breast Screening Bus tour – if available during the training dates.
What you will receive
- Nationally accredited certificate– HLTAHW035 Provide Information and support around cancer
- All training resources are provided
- Various resources from Guest Presenters
- Fully catered
Course participants must be fully vaccinated and be able to show proof of vaccination as and when required.